Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Strawberry Sorbet

Sorbet is one of my favorite desserts! Ice cream is great too, but there's something about sorbet that I really love. So I made this strawberry sorbet!  I got this recipe from the cookbook Sorbets and Ice Creams by Lou Seibert Pappas, but I just changed it a little bit. Hope you enjoy!


Ingredients:

3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice                 
3-3/4  cups fresh
Strawberries, hulled


In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water, bring to a boil while stirring, and cook until the syrup is clear. Stir in the lemon juice. Let cool, cover, and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, or until thoroughly chilled. In a blender or food processor, puree the strawberries, and stir in the chilled syrup.



Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until thoroughly chilled.

Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions. You can also freeze without an ice cream maker: Pour the mixture into a 8 or 9 inch square metal pan or a half-gallon plastic container. Cover with aluminum foil, plastic wrap or a lid. Place in the freezer and freeze until firm, about 2 to 3 hours. Transfer to an electric mixer or food processor and beat until light and fluffy. Transfer to a container, cover, and freeze until firm, about 1 to 2 hours.

After you are finished making your sorbet, serve it in a bowl with
 strawberry leaves, and/or strawberries.









Hope you enjoyed my post! Until next time!

I posted this at Tasty Tuesday.
I also posted this with Foodie Friday.



16 comments:

  1. I've never made sorbet. This looks so good though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tati -- This was bowl licking good! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strawberry is Allie's favorite! We love sorbets- this is so pretty Tati
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just taste the strawberry goodness of this cool treat. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made strawberry sorbet not too long ago. It was amazing - can't wait to make it again!

    Love your photos.
    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! SInce I don't have an ice cream maker I should give this a shot if you say I can do so without one. I invite you to come and link up at my Vegetarian Foodie Fridays carnival too if you like. You can find it here: http://www.breastfeedingmomsunite.com/2010/06/vegetarian-foodie-fridays-vietnamese-noodle-salad/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sorbet too! I made it all the time... Your photos are so pretty! Great post.

    ~Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so good, Tati! I sometimes make lemon sorbet and it is so refreshing. Hope you are enjoying your summer!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! And double YUM! This looks delicious! I was thinking about taking my kids strawberry picking tomorrow. This just confirmed it for me =o)

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love sorbets. I wonder if you could make this with agave or splenda? It looks so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great and so nice and easy! I just picked up an ice cream maker and will make this soon-thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! Does this look fantastic!!! I don't have an ice cream machine BUT it will not stop me... I wish I had seen this a few weeks back when we were have 106degree days here in Connecticut, it would have REALLY saved the days. Thank you, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Tati, you are in Junior High? And you do all of these beautiful recipes? Well, my lady, you will have NO PROBLEM with becoming a top chef one day! You are fantastic! Good luck to you - and I am copying this recipe of yours to try. GOOD FOR YOU, good luck in your cooking pursuits and, THANK YOU for sharing!
    Best regards,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete