Monday, April 12, 2010

Oh Henry Bars

These are DELICIOUS!!! They are also very peanut buttery, and super simple!


1 cup light corn syrup
1cup sugar
1cup peanut butter
4 cups Rice Krispy's or Special K cereal
1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

In large saucepan, combine corn syrup and sugar; bring to boil. Remove from heat, add peanut butter and stir well. Add cereal.  Press mixture into 13-by-9-inch pan. In microwave melt chips together, about 2 minutes, stirring after about 1 minute. Spread chocolate over rice krispy mixture. Cool and cut into bars. Makes about 15 to 20 bars. ( Depending on how much you eat before it's done=>).





These are especially great for peanut butter lovers!

I am posting this at Blessed With Grace's Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.
I have also posted this with All the Small Stuff's Tuesdays at the Table.
I am also posting this at Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday.
I am also posting this at Foodie Friday.

12 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made these all the time growing up - we called them Scotch a Roos! I can't make them now or I would eat the whole pan by myself! I love how you made the ridges in the frosting - looks fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make these with special K and they ARE delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These looks outstanding. I can't wait to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember these, too! We called the scotch-a-roos and used cornflakes. They are absolutely addicting :)

    I love the way you made the design in the chocolate, too - it makes them look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also remember these from times past- my mouth is watering, because they are good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my all time favorite thing! I limit myself to making them at Christmas, because I may be prone to eating them all myself. LOL! Thanks for linking to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you capture my heart with anything peanut butter! These look amazing. You have a great blog here full of delicious foods and terrific photos. What a gifted and talented young person you are ~ sure to be a great success as a professional cook.

    So nice meeting you!
    Kindly, ldh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a great recipe! This is something I will definitely have to try!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Mom used to make these. They were wonderful. And I like your swirling technique on the top. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so delicious!!! My kids would love these! (If I don't eat them all first!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete