Thursday, February 25, 2010

My First Cake Pops!!!!!!!!!

Ever since I've seen cake pops, I've wanted to try them. Finally I did! My aunt did some similar to these for a wedding, but she used Oreos instead: I used Nutter-Butters.  My Aunt and I got this idea from Bakerella at this web address:  http://www.bakerella.com/category/pops-bites/cake-pops/. She has awesome cake pops!  I am going to give them away to my friends.  I am also posting this to Foodie Friday at this web address:http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/.

 The green ones would be fun for St. Patrick's Day!


The white ones would be fun for a wedding!



The recipe is pretty easy. Make sure you follow all  the steps and they should turn out great!

1 package of Nutter Butter Cookies
1 (8 ounce) package of Cream Cheese
Dipping White Chocolate (I used the kind in a block.)
Sprinkles for decoration 
Sucker sticks
Floral oasis (for drying cake pops)

Crush the Nutter Butter cookies with a food processor or in a baggie with a rolling pin.  Take the crushed Nutter Butter cookies and mix with cream cheese.  You can refrigerate this for 10-15 minutes to harden the mixture.  Then, roll in small balls, one inch or less, and put in refrigerator for another 10-15 minutes to harden again. 



Melt dipping chocolate according to instructions on the package.  Then dip the ends of sucker sticks in the dipping chocolate and place stick in the middle of the cake pop. Wait to dip until chocolate on stick is dry. 



Then, dip cake pops in dipping chocolate and pour or dip sprinkles on wet chocolate.  If you are having a hard time dipping (the ball falls off the stick), you may need to refrigerate for longer.  I actually put them in the freezer for a few minutes.  Push end of sucker stick in oasis to dry.  After drying, refrigerate (because of the cream cheese). 





3 comments:

  1. That looks so decorative, yummy, and fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They came out great..Love the green for St. Pat's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This food is ridiculous-I can't wait to start baking:)!

    ReplyDelete